Sunday, November 18, 2012

Jazz in Korea!

Sooooooo I realize I've been really behind in keeping people up to date on things that are going on in my life in Korea.  That's mostly because I have been insanely busy right now... with just a touch of lazy...  I had said that I was going to put up some videos I took of some Jazz in Korea.  Since these videos I went back to All That Jazz when I was in Seoul last weekend but they had a new age Jazz band playing that I really wasn't digging at all.  So here's hoping next time I'm up in Seoul a better band is entertaining.  Then again there are also 4 other Jazz clubs in the Seoul area that I could hunt for.

Recently I was told by one of my really awesome coworkers about a Jazz club in Daegu that I could go to.  If that's the case I'd be able to hit up a live music venue much closer to home but that might have to be a endeavor for next weekend or something.



Once again this is All That Jazz it's tucked away on a side street in Itewon on the Third floor.


This is the band that was playing it was a three man (well 2 guys and a girl) band.



The food is great there and they have a rather nice selection of wines if one enjoys that kind of thing.  I'd been warned that good wine was impossible to find in Korea.  Whoever told me that was an idiot...  Truthfully I've found some rather decent often affordable wine it just takes a bit more effort than it did in the states.  (Now beer on the other hand...)


The gigantic windows definitely set the mood in this rustic studio looking space.  At night they pull the giant curtains closed to keep the mood inviting (The giant lit neon signs kind of take away from the mood).












 


So here's my little blog post about Korean Jazz.  Hopefully this week I will also put the pictures of my school's festival up.  I'd like to do that you know the same month that it happened at least...  To all of you in various corners of the world hope you're staying warm (or cold depending upon where the heck you are) and sleep well.  I'm off to sleep for like 10 hours before I have to go back to work...

2 comments:

  1. LOL I see you outsmarted your phone finally.Looking at those pics and listening to the video...I definitely have to find this place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an ongoing battle of wits... to the death...

    All that Jazz is in Itewon but there are a few other Jazz clubs in Seoul. I found out there was one pretty close to where we were in Hyehwa that I'd like to check out maybe next time I'm in Seoul. There is also one in Hongdae somewhere. One of my coworkers also gave me directions to a jazz club that's in Daegu, if that one pans out I'd be pretty happy, thinking of checking it out this weekend!

    ReplyDelete