Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hiking Gatbawi part 1

So I went hiking over break, I rode the bus to Gatbawi on Mt. Palgongsan.  It was incredibly beautiful, the leaves are just starting to change.  Apparently in the next few weeks the leaves are really going to start changing I guess that means I will just have to go back! If I can ever move again... I kid, mostly...

The bus ride up was pretty lovely.  I also passed the Lotus Themepark... Not sure what you do there but it was interesting looking.













Finally I arrived at Gatbawi on Mt. Palgongsan.












This was at the starting area right after you got off the bus. 












They lure you into a false sense of security with those nice evenly spaced steps slowly making their way up the mountain... Little do you expect what is waiting for you...










He was bigger than the building! 













Not really sure how they get up there...













When they say hiking is Korea's national past time they really mean it there were a lot of people out enjoying the beautiful weather on their vacation.










Those stairs are looking a little less harmless...












No comments:

Post a Comment