Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hiking Gatbawi part 2

So I made it up to Ganam temple which is an incredibly huge temple.  It's been renovated recently apparently.  While I was up there I met a really great bunch of Korean hikers.  One family gave me pears while I stopped for a rest.  When I go again I'm definitely going to bring food so I'll have stuff to share.  I'd only bought some 7-11 onigiri and water with me this time. 



Welcome to Ganam temple!













The temple was huge!









































If you want to meet some of the nicest people in Korea go hiking.  Anyone that could speak English wanted to come up and say hi!











Yes more stairs....
















This is me... As I am smiling it is safe to say I haven't realized it's still like a million more mammoth sized stone steps to the top of Gatbawi yet...











I turned back around to take a picture of how far I'd come and this Ahjumma started laughing at me as she was walking down... Probably because I hadn't realized that I wasn't halfway there yet....  Then she started flying down those stairs using what I assume were here Ahjumma powers...


The view up here was beautiful!














Downtown Daegu at night!  I decided to stop in Daegu for dinner I was starving. I had a cheeseburger, it was amazing.  I miss cheese...


The fountain was all lit up tonight it was beautiful!










The bus off the mountain was full of hikers and I met a business man and some of his friends that were enjoying the holiday.  He spoke some English so he wanted to talk to me it was funny.  He wanted to know where I was from and if I was a tourist.  He thought I was a student when I told him I was a teacher he started calling me teacher when asking me questions.  The bus was the second to the last one back and it was really crowded so I stood and an older lady offered to hold my backpack with hers since she was sitting.  As I said Korean hikers are fabulous!  I had a great time, although my body is a bit sore today.  I'm hoping to get up Mt. Palgongsan on the Gyeongsan side (Gatbawi is on the Daegu side) soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment